Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You are right Scott - just when I think I have it, a question in my mind arises from wanting to do something and it seems to conflict with what I understand.

I am finishing a plan where I would love to show the location of the plumbing fixtures on FL-0 (where my foundation/slab is) dashed line, but my fixtures are on FL-1 (main level). So, I need to copy the plumbing fixtures from FL-1 and turn them on a certain way in FL-0...right? Without copying them to "0" they won't be there...?
    X5
    i7-3930k Dell XPS - 16GB Ram
    (2) 30" Dell 3008WFP Monitors
    Wacom 24HD

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyprc View Post
    You are right Scott - just when I think I have it, a question in my mind arises from wanting to do something and it seems to conflict with what I understand.

I am finishing a plan where I would love to show the location of the plumbing fixtures on FL-0 (where my foundation/slab is) dashed line, but my fixtures are on FL-1 (main level). So, I need to copy the plumbing fixtures from FL-1 and turn them on a certain way in FL-0...right? Without copying them to "0" they won't be there...?
    Johnny,

You need to do this with Referenced Layersets.
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyprc View Post

You big knucklehead!!!! Wrong, wrong, wrong................. THAT IS WHAT THE MRLS IS ALL ABOUT. No no no, learn the MRLS, the fixtures on level one will show on level zero if you know what you are doing. Jeez!!! I am so disappointed. The MRLS is the bomb, learn it!
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Carrick View Post
    Johnny,

You need to do this with Referenced Layersets.
    Joe is correct, he is referring to the RLS (Reference Layer Sets). Prior to X3 we only had the SRLS (single reference layer sets). Meaning you could have only ONE REFERENCE LAYER SET. With X3, Dan Park worked it out so we could have MULTIPLE REFERENCE LAYER SETS. A very valuable addition to the program.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

OK - I have some learning to do - thanks to you both.
    X5
    i7-3930k Dell XPS - 16GB Ram
    (2) 30" Dell 3008WFP Monitors
    Wacom 24HD