making as built mask

I am having trouble making an as built mask. I have followed the instructions on the help database and watched a video on it. I understand the steps but my problem is that under the CAD drop down I don't have the option for CAD detail from view.

On the help database it says "2.From the menu click CAD> CAD Detail From View to create a new CAD detail. "

I don't have this option. I'm using x5 and I'm not sure what to do because I can't proceed. Can someone help me please??

When you say mask - do you mean just a section/view that is "cropped"?
    X5
    i7-3930k Dell XPS - 16GB Ram
    (2) 30" Dell 3008WFP Monitors
    Wacom 24HD

If you are trying to create a CAD detail from view from a 3D perspective or 3D view it will not be in the menu. If it's from a 2D or plan view then it should be the second command at the bottom of the drop down menu of the CAD menu at the top. If you don't have that option there then check your tool bars and hot keys configurations in the Tools menu.
    Aaron D.

President
    AMD Drafting, LLC
    Lubbock, Texas
    https://www.facebook.com/amddrafting
    www.vintagetownship.com
    X3

Do you have the Premier version? It looks like that feature may not be available in Interiors or Lite, according to the online comparison matrix.
    Chief Architect Premier X5

JPC when he talks MASK, he's wants a cad mask of the walls that's put behind the plan walls, so when you remove a wall the dotted behind cad wall shows up automatically like it was removed. I have one on every remodel job I do.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor