Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I restarted CA and the problem solved itself concerning the dimensions issue - so I assume it was a bit of a glitch. It made no sense the same straight line was a different dimension from another straight line a couple feet down.
    X5
    i7-3930k Dell XPS - 16GB Ram
    (2) 30" Dell 3008WFP Monitors
    Wacom 24HD

johnnyprc,

The roofs have different pitches and different baseline heights.
    The main roof has a baseline height of 128' 13/16" and a pitch of 5 1/2".
    The smaller roof has a baseline height of 128' 3/16" and a pitch of 7 3/16".

The smaller roof over the courtyard entry gate has a pitch of 5 1/2".

All your roof pitches are 5 1/2" except for the smaller one we are talking about and the 2 1/2" pitch over the Living Room.
    So...I assume the 7 3/16" roof is a mistake and needs fixing before you do anything else.

A good way to check and see if there are any differences between objects (not just roofs) is to select both items and open the dbx.
    Any settings that are the same will show the value.
    Any settings that are different will say No Change.

When I do this with your 2 roof planes, ALL values have No Change.

So...what is correct - baseline, pitch, fascia top.....?

On the out of parallel thing - have a look at the Make Parallel tool, it comes in handy.
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD

Hey, JPC, you weren't around when this happened but let me tell you a story about the Great Glenn Woodward. Glenn Woodward is my idol, he has probably forgotten more that you and I will ever know. Well anyway, back in January I wanted to meet my idol face to face. So Me, my Wife and 3 friends took a trip to Australia to meet the Great Glenn Woodward. We had to hire a 747 to fly us out there. A 14 hour trip and they dropped us off in Aukland New Zealand. Once we arrive in Aukland we had to hire a Cruise Ship to take us to Sydney, that is where the Great Glenn Woodward lives. After an arduous journey down the east coast of New Zealand and a stop over in Tasmania we docked in Sydney Harbour, a stones throw from the Opera House and the Sydney Harbor Bridge. I wanted to meet Glenn and his lovely wife Jennie for dinner in the harbor. Glenn suggested we meet at Sailor's Thai, a very nice upscale restaurant near the harbor.

Now understand this is an expensive trip, it cost each of us about 10,000 dollars, yes, 10,000 dollars each to meet the Great Glenn Woodward. But that's okay. How often do you get to meet your idol. Not only did we spend many many dollars to meet Glenn and his wife, but I also spent countless hours searching for the correct gift for Glenn. I finally decided on purchasing a very very expensive coffee table book purchased in San Diego to present to Glenn when I met him. So we meet at Sailor's Thai to enjoy a wonderful dinner, (somehow I got stuck with the bill), but well worth it. This dinner is in my top five of all time. Well anyway, half way through the meal I pulled out my gift to Glenn and his wife, Jennie, my very expensive coffee table book with pictures of America's finest city, San Diego. Glenn said the obligatory thank yous, and then pulled out his gift to me. A handsomely packaged gift, about 4"X10"X1/4"thick.

Before I opened the gift I was imagining what it might be. After all, Me, my Wife and our three friends had just shelled out over 50,000 dollars to visit Glenn and his Wife, Jennie, (not including the very expensive meal I was about to pay for and the very expensive gift), and I was just imagining what kind of wonderful gift Glenn was presenting to me. Well I shook the box, sniffed it, and evaluated the weight. I could not guess what a wonderful surprise Glenn had in store for me. I could not wait any longer.... I ripped open the gift wrap paper.......... and then stared at what I had......... I was dumbfounded......... inside the box was some freeze dried Kangaroo Testicles........... yes, Kangaroo Testicles....... anyway...... those folks from Oz have a wonderful sense of humor.

Thanks to Glenn & Jennie, a wonderful trip and some great memories of some really great people, we all hope we see the both of you in our neck of the woods sometime............. I am researching the possibility of procurring some Condor Testicles.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

D.

You are too kind!
    And once again, I thank you for such a beautiful gift that takes pride of place on our bookshelf.
    You may just see us there some day.

But...once again, you got something wrong and I must correct you...

My carefully considered and researched gift to you was NOT freeze dried kangaroo testicles - they are a dime a dozen around here and not worth considering as a gift - they are easily obtainable in any $2 shop.
    What I gave you was way more valuable - and I can see that your mistaken recollection of my gift to you exemplifies the value you place in the thought behind the present and the object itself.
    What I actually gave you was a rare and endangered kangaroo SCROTUM, sans testicles!
    The testicles are probably still lying on the ground (probably shrivelled) beneath the barbed wire fence over which the said kangaroo tried to jump before being relieved of it's valuable attachments.

I tried to get you one that was large enough to contain your golf balls so that you could be reminded of Oz every time you play golf - which, from what I can gather is frequently.
    But alas, your mistaken recollection of the gift speaks volumes.

See ya!
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD

The Nuts hanging from the barbed wire is similar to "JPC's problem with Roof planes. Make sure the roof planes do not go past the wall or scrotuml surface if you want to clear the wall.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

Quote Originally Posted by perryh View Post
    The Nuts hanging from the barbed wire is similar to "JPC's problem with Roof planes. Make sure the roof planes do not go past the wall or scrotuml surface if you want to clear the wall.
    Lol, when I get back to office I do one more quick vid for jpc to fix eave.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Thanks guys - wow, how those roof pitches changed I have no idea - they aren't changed on my version - if you notice I save # of versions. I must have been playing around with diff options trying to get it to work and saved/uploaded a version that had been changed by CA (when I set different baselines etc) Sorry.

Anyway, I got it fixed from your guys info! - Though tough to admit, this is more a case of me being a idiot, so maybe I need to start eating more kangaroo testicles, I am sure there is some vitamin in there to help with brain power - thank you again.
    X5
    Wacom 24HD

"so maybe I need to start eating more kangaroo testicles, I am sure there is some vitamin in there to help with brain power "

Join the club!!! My only problem is should I drink a Shiraz or a Syrah with those? ;o)
    Dennis Gavin CR, CKBR
    Gavin Design-Build
    Media, PA.
    610-353-8890
    X5

Good question on the wine - although I was thinking a good strong brandy.

I had a Filipino architect who worked for me invite me to his birthday party and they served Balut eggs for desert with brandy. Check this link out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balut_(egg)

needless to say I drank a long of brandy that night (each bite), but I finished every bite to be polite.
    X5
    Wacom 24HD

No amount of brandy could get me to eat that.........unless maybe I was starving.
    Dennis Gavin CR, CKBR
    Gavin Design-Build
    Media, PA.
    610-353-8890
    X5

I would have to resort to drinking a lot, quickly in the hopes of passing out before the food was served.
    Regards, Frederick C. Wilt (Began with v9, now using X6 aka v16)

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyprc View Post
    Everyone's probably rolling their eyes, but here is an issue I really can't explain. I went to make sure all the rooflines were the right distance from the wall with the detail I have, and in this video you can see I select one area and it shows 6.25" from the wall, and the other is 6.99" - both from the same location on the wall. Where did the 3/4" come from???.. If I manually place 6.25" where the 6.99" is, then it lessens the other area by that same amount (so I end up with about 5.5"). How can that make any sense?

Here is a video showing where this is happening, but I can't get the text to show in the video - but take my word, the first area is 6.25", and the second is 3/4 further from the wall at 6.99".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU-v2YdqFy8

**Added

I ended up drawing 2 lines completely along x - perfectly straight. I placed 1 line along the wall, the other along the roof line. They both show those lines are as straight as an arrow. However, the dimensions indicate the roof or wall line is out of square - but that is not right.
    In the video I can see that your wall definitions are different as to where the dimension is measured to , one measures to the stud and the other measures to a surface. Check " Dim to this line" in your wall definition DBX.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

Thanks Perry - that is probably the issue then. It was driving me crazy.
    X5
    Wacom 24HD