Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by perryh View Post
    Get yourself in with a few contractors that are go getters and you'll never have to market yourself again. Simple and easy. I haven't advertised in over 25 years now. Saved a lot of money. Let them pay for advertising.
    Whats the best way to approach contractors? Call? Email? Postcard Mailer?

Send a small 11x17 sample of your work along with a price list to every contractor in your area. You will get a few callbacks and your off.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

When it comes to contractors I think face to face marketing works best.
    1.Keep some examples with you in your car (some sort of drop off marketing package with some cards and samples of your details, plans, etc.). Stop at every active job site you see for the next month or so.
    2.Talk to local lumber yards and see if they have any product demos or classes they sponsor. Show up for any of those type of events so you can meet contractors. You will learn things there and be able to market yourself.
    3. Contact NARI and find out if they have any events coming up that you can attend.
    4. If you do direct mailing, follow up with a phone call so they can hear your voice. Offer to bring donuts to a job site and meet them for 5 minutes.
    5. Bring a laptop and show them the 3d model of what they will be able to sell their clients with. Do a quick trick for them where you show the siding change colors with 3 mouse clicks.
    alan lehman - Lehman Design Studio - Carmel, CA
    www.LehmanDesignStudio.com
    vX5 with the latest patch
    Intel i7-3770k cpu @ 3.5ghz, 16gb mem., Win 7, Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
    "No rest for the wicked or the freelancers."