Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ross,

I take it you've done other models in the past, probably more compex than this one, with no probelms. One of the old things to do was to uncheck the optimizations box and see if that makes a difference. It worked for me when I had a more ancient card than the stoneage one I have now.
    Chief Bug Fix Department

Rod
    Chief Ver X1

(Smilies collection from the brilliant creative members of Deviantart and Freethought)

Rod, that's it!!! .............I turned off "Optimizations" in Edit/Preferences/Render/General Options and it now displays correctly in Standard View. If I turn it on again, the problem reappears.

This is what the HELP file says about this Checkbox.....

The General Options settings affect both Render Previews and Final Views.

• Optimizations On saves rendering data to your video card, which speeds up rendering time. This option may cause problems if the rendering data for your model exceeds the video card’s memory.

If your computer stops responding when rendering, try unchecking Optimizations On. This slows down rendering time considerably, though, so if the problem is not solved, leave this check box selected.
    This points to a problem with my video card, I suppose. It doesn't seem to slow down the rendering time perceptibly?
    EDIT... actually it does slow down the rotation of a view..... it becomes jerky as it regenerates the view.

Thanks
    Ross
    Ross Young
    Katoomba, NSW, Australia
    Version X5