Fixtures Inserted Into Cabinets and Schedules

Is there any way to get a fixture, like a sink, inserted in a cabinet to NOT show up in the Fixture Schedule? If you select the cabinet, unchecking Not Include in Schedule and/or Suppress Label doesn't work. If I tab to the sink, and click Open Object, you actually go to Open Symbol so nothing there.

The Description does not seem to be able to be altered no matter what you do, whether you open the object, open the symbol, or modify the Components of the symbol.

And, of course, the label doesn't show up in plan or any other view for fixtures inserted into cabinets.

The relationship of these fixtures to the schedule makes me nuts. They just don't behave the same as free-standing fixtures.

Bryce Engstrom: Architect, LEED AP
    www.engstromarchitecture.com
    Chief X6 Beta
    Sketchup Pro 6, Free 8, Thea Render, Lumion
    Chief to Kerkythea & Thea Render Converter

Quote Originally Posted by sutcac View Post
    Is there any way to get a fixture, like a sink, inserted in a cabinet to NOT show up in the Fixture Schedule? If you select the cabinet, unchecking Not Include in Schedule and/or Suppress Label doesn't work. If I tab to the sink, and click Open Object, you actually go to Open Symbol so nothing there.

The Description does not seem to be able to be altered no matter what you do, whether you open the object, open the symbol, or modify the Components of the symbol.

And, of course, the label doesn't show up in plan or any other view for fixtures inserted into cabinets.

The relationship of these fixtures to the schedule makes me nuts. They just don't behave the same as free-standing fixtures.
    Wierd, but a work around, select cabinet, tab to select sink, open symbol dbx, go to options, under TYPE, change from SINK to OTHER, don't know what this messes up, but it is no longer in schedule.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Funny, thought I tried that too, but maybe I missed something. Thanks for the tips. Loved "what a goat rope" from that other thread. Definitely something to gripe hard about for X6.

Chief X6 Beta

mehen is offline Registered User Promoted
    I normally click on the "Include in HVAC Schedule" in the Sink DBX then in the Fixture Schedule DBX I UNCLICK "HVAC" then boom....Sink gone from schedule.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sink Label.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	126.0 KB 
ID:	59720  
    Mark Henson
    GinkgoHouse Architecture, LLC
    X5.2.1.3x64

Thanks for that. Sound similar to what Scott was suggesting.

Chief X6 Beta

mehen is offline Registered User Promoted
    Very similar.

I struggle enough with getting the door and window schedules to operate properly that a rarely delve into Fixture Schedules. During bidding with contractors, we generally just give then the live web link to the Client's portfolio from the Plumbing Showroom (Fergeson's).
    Mark Henson
    GinkgoHouse Architecture, LLC
    X5.2.1.3x64

I use it quite often because I do some restaurants and a huge part of the plans are the equipment plan and schedule. And some kitchen equipment is also inserted into countertops, so I would really like to see this fixed. Currently I do have one residential project where the clients have spec'd out appliances for bidding purposes, though this is sort of rare for residential.

Chief X6 Beta