Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by gawdzira View Post
    Define "simple" when referring to 4500 s.f. of house. Based on location, design style, construction types, your background, knowledge and abilities... it is very hard to give an apples to apples comparison of fees. Based on what you are saying I can not offer anything to your realistic ideas on what to charge because I work in a different universe. Where I am, 4500 s.f. is an estate. I designed a stand alone garage addition to a house that was about 130 s.f. and cost 57k to build. Yes, over 400/s.f.. Nothing elaborate. Honestly, it was nothing elaborate.
    Well, when you start getting that small then square foot prices don't really compute the same way as on a "normal" size project. Carmel does have it's share of tiny houses which are pretty elaborate which will drive up the square foot price quite a bit but it's not realistic to compare them with your average house, the same way doing a bathroom or kitchen doesn't compare to a bedroom.
    X3, Windows 7

thorn is offline Registered User Promoted
    Here, for a 2,000- -2,500 sq ft home, I hear $100 sq ft for "basic" $150 sq ft a little nicer and $200 for very nice custom.