Courtyard Door - Invisable Wall?

So all I want to do is place a door in an arbor I have, and I thought I could just place an invisible wall between 2 posts and place a door - convert the door to a custom door (which would be my gate). I guess I can't place a door in an invisible wall - does anyone have a good way around this? I've trying to bring in a door without a wall at all - that's not possible either it appears. Do I have to just place a custom symbol - but then I don't get the door swing open/close visual. (which I want - thought I could just draw it in I guess).

Any thoughts? Thanks.
    X5
    i7-3930k Dell XPS - 16GB Ram
    (2) 30" Dell 3008WFP Monitors
    Wacom 24HD

Make the wall out of INVISIBLE MATERIAL, the wall will not how in RENDER, but will how in VECTOR. Or, put wall on UNIQUE LAYER, turn layer off, wall will not show in vector or render, however door will show. Second method is probably the best solution.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Thanks! Will try those.
    X5
    Wacom 24HD

In new plan place the door you want in a short wall. Delete all surfaces with the "Delete surface" tool. rotate model all directions to make that you just have the door left.
    Convert door to a symbol. Place in plan with no wall.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arbor door.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	59574  
    William Page Architects A.I.A.
    pagearch@whidbeyisland.com

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook
    Intel i7 CPU Q720@1.60 boost to 2.80 GHZ
    4.00 GB
    Graphics card 1GB Nvidia Geforce
    27" HDMI monitor

Make your wall a fence. You can place a door in a fence - or you can place a gate from the library in a fence

Note: A Fence is essentially a Railing composed of Panels. You can select the Panels and Gates from the Library. If you want something special in terms of the Panels and/or the Gate you can create your own Symbols for them.
    Last edited by Joe Carrick; 07-11-2013 at 05:12 AM.
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

Great suggestions - thanks.
    X5
    Wacom 24HD