Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Woodward View Post
    Joe,

I know that you can make an approximation of a helix by multicopying a small piece of tilted 3D molding arc, as per your posts.
    Can you please tell me how I can make a 3D polyline arc spanning 300° using 1 molding polyline arc.
    Glenn,

You were absolutely correct in your statement that changing the end z values simply titled the arc. Since I had not tried to do it with a larger arc I didn't realize that's what was happening. This is why I started the thread in Suggestions requesting a "Helicoil Molding Pline" tool.

I've also experimented with the Ramp Railings but that's not a true Helicoil either as the Molding doesn't get properly "warped" thruout the coil. About every 90 degrees there is a disconnect as the warp has to be restarted. Basically, the cross section of the molding should be the same (it shouldn't be angled off of level) at every point along the Helicoil. Presently it appears to be level only at the center of a 90 degree arc segment.
    Last edited by Joe Carrick; 07-16-2013 at 07:51 PM.
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium