Include roof structure in absolute elevations

I am not running x5 however, is there any inclusion of the roof structure in absolute elevations under the room dbx?

I often find myself using my calculator to determine the elevations of roofing components such as rafters and ridges in drawings im working on (particularly on extensions of existing buildings). It would be wonderful if these could be incorporated into the "room specification" dbx>structure tab!

I would love it if all I had to do was simply enter in the dimensions of the rafters and ridge, add a measurement from underside of ceiling joist to underside of ridge...then chief could automatically determine the roof pitch of an existing structure based on that information, I could easily keep a check on my roof dimensions in a simple and efficient manner.

In life there are at least 3 absolutes...rain, taxes, and free advice from "self acclaimed experts"!:Sly:

Select the roof plane and open the roof dbx. I think you find what you are looking for there.
    Mike Gabriel
    TLC Builders, LLC
    www.tlcbuildersllc.com

17" MacBook Pro (Thanks Chief, no BootCamp required!)
    X3, X4, X5, X6 Beta

If I understand correctly what you are looking to do you could use just the cad tools to determine the pitch of the roof if you have those measurements.

It could be as simple as inputting points or lines in a cad detail then create a line from the points you input. Click the line and open it's dialog box. then under the "numbers Style" tab in the bottom right of the DBX set the angle to show as 'roof pitch'.

I hope this makes sense to you since I do not know your over-all level of Chief expertise, (which seems substantial).

Andy.
    CA X-V, Sketchup 8 PRO,
    Auto-something '11
    Revit'11
    Windows 7, AMD Phenom 8 core, 12 Gigs. Ram. (Works well together).
    Andre' G. Tardif
    andytardif@gmail.com
    www.draftinginoc.com

Is this what you're looking for?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roof.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	59527  
    Joey R. Martin,aibd,cgp,cga,caps
    Martin Design & Planning
    Elwood, Indiana
    Cell. 765-860-3567
    eMail. joeymdp@gmail.com