More Schedule Questions

1) My plan has appliances "embedded" in cabinets. I don't want certain instances of these appliances to show up in the Fixture Schedule. Un-checking 'Include in Schedule' in the Open Object dbx for the cabinet doesn't help. Changing the Component category (ID) from Appliance to something else doesn't help.

2) I've got a kitchen sink, for instance, that I've added a bunch of accessory equipment to (drain stop, faucet, garbage disposal) using the Components dbx. All the check boxes for 'Use' are checked. Apparently these added components won't show up in the Fixture Schedule, which is where I need them to display.

3) Some fixtures always display the 'Label' text in the 'Description' column, even though the description has been edited in the Components dbx.

Quote Originally Posted by rlackore View Post
    1) My plan has appliances "embedded" in cabinets. I don't want certain instances of these appliances to show up in the Fixture Schedule. Un-checking 'Include in Schedule' in the Open Object dbx for the cabinet doesn't help. Changing the Component category (ID) from Appliance to something else doesn't help.
    Add the fixture to your plan and do NOT place it in a cabinet (you get a little message box saying its designed to be put in a cabinet, but just choose to place it anyway). Then make your changes, including removing the checkmark next to "Show in Schedule" and when you're done, add the symbol to your User Catalog. Replace the symbol already in the cabinet of your plan with the new one you added to your User Catalog.
    Chief Architect Premier X5

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian_CAD View Post
    Add the fixture to your plan and do NOT place it in a cabinet (you get a little message box saying its designed to be put in a cabinet, but just choose to place it anyway). Then make your changes, including removing the checkmark next to "Show in Schedule" and when you're done, add the symbol to your User Catalog. Replace the symbol already in the cabinet of your plan with the new one you added to your User Catalog.
    Indeed, that worked - but what a goat rope. I sure would like to be able to access/affect the appliance's properties when it is embedded in the cabinet.

Dont use the appliances that embed themselves into cabinets. There are dishwashers that sit on the floor under the countertop, there are ranges that sit on the floor, and there are wall ovens that can be placed into openings of cabinets and not be embedded in them.
    Joey R. Martin,aibd,cgp,cga,caps
    Martin Design & Planning
    Elwood, Indiana
    Cell. 765-860-3567
    eMail. joeymdp@gmail.com