Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks Lew,

But it would be easier if you also posted some kind of Link too. :-)
    -=JT=-

Don't be sorry. I got that feedback from an Architect in California that insisted it was a bad idea. I think the sunken floor is the way to go, without notching the stem wall. Might be much easier to draw than to actually build.

So how do you raise the stem wall without changing the floor elevations?. I'll try a few things.
    -=JT=-

Quote Originally Posted by jtcapa View Post
    Don't be sorry. I got that feedback from an Architect in California that insisted it was a bad idea. I think the sunken floor is the way to go, without notching the stem wall. Might be much easier to draw than to actually build.

So how do you raise the stem wall without changing the floor elevations?. I'll try a few things.
    Well I did a video in the chat room, but it is a bit verbose..... I have got to work on that.... give me time, eventually I will become less verbose.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

I DON'T mind verbose Mr. Troll. How does one get to the chat room??
    LINK??
    -=JT=-

It should be there, should be right at the bottom of your ChiefTalk page.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Difference of opinion is ok, but with your dropped floor you still have the same condition wood on concrete, and you will have a week point or a hinge effect with you stem wall. it will crack along the different stem wall thickness's.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

Quote Originally Posted by dshall View Post
    It should be there, should be right at the bottom of your ChiefTalk page.
    I see no such link at the bottom of Cheiftalk. Any change you could post a LINK??
    -=JT=-

I see no such link at the bottom of Cheiftalk. Any change you could post a LINK??
    You probably don't have SSA, that is where all my videos are. But here is one for you.

Good vid. Done something similar before. There was a part where I built a ceiling plane but I could not completely eliminated the ceiling surface in vector view, in render view I could. It seems that in previous video I was able to eliminate the ceiling surface completely. Does anybody remember that and is it possible?

PART 1
    http://chieftutor.com/dscotthall/SUN...AT%20FNDTN.wmv
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

I found the chat room in the Home/Forums section. Thanks. Your right, I don't have SSA, so I guess your video posted here above will not work or load for me. The first one on the other chat room will run, but covers other interesting issues.
    -=JT=-

I found the chat room in the Home/Forums section. Thanks. Your right, I don't have SSA, so I guess your video posted here above will not work or load for me. The first one on the other chat room will run, but covers other interesting issues.
    The one I posted should work for you.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Jt:

see post #7 for my link

you don't need SSA to see the Chatroom or to watch Scott's videos

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Quote Originally Posted by lbuttery View Post
    Jt:

see post #7 for my link

Lew
    Lew, I looked at that link and it essentially said nothing. Am I missing something? Does it explain how to build the sunken floor?
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Scott:

read the thread again and follow the link in that thread
    and watch CA's video as referenced in that thread

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Scott:

read the thread again and follow the link in that thread
    and watch CA's video as referenced in that thread

Lew
    Well, I think this is the post you are referring to
    There should be an option on the specifications tab of the room dbx for "Use Ledger Framing".
    Video #810 covers the steps to do this, but they are numerous and it would seem that this should be covered by Chief with an option selection.
    See Help database article #545 also for same steps.
    Lew
    Lew, it does not seem that Video #810 is any longer available, and I could not seem to get to database artcle #545. Was there something else you were referring to? Maybe you would not mind summarizing the method that they were using.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Jt:

see post #7 for my link

Lew
    After following several links you posted, it just tell me to watch Video #810 which I don't have access to. Thank you anyway. I'll edit it by had fnd wall by fnd wall.
    -=JT=-