Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Open reference display DBX, click define reference set then to change all colors "select all" and change color and line as desired.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mrls.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	60432  
    William Page Architects A.I.A.
    pagearch@whidbeyisland.com

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook
    Intel i7 CPU Q720@1.60 boost to 2.80 GHZ
    4.00 GB
    Graphics card 1GB Nvidia Geforce
    27" HDMI monitor

Once you send a plan to the layout , you cannot change the reference set, you have to send a new plan with the correct set. Reference sets always stick to the plan sent to the layout.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

In layout, click the layout box you are having troubles with updating. Once the layout box is selected, clip the layer properties button (i think that's what it is called, has an O on it) in the lower toolbar and open the layer set for the view. Then close it, the view should update....might be a simpler way, but this has been working for me with both reference set changes and layer set changes.
    Mike Gabriel
    TLC Builders, LLC
    www.tlcbuildersllc.com

17" MacBook Pro (Thanks Chief, no BootCamp required!)
    X3, X4, X5, X6 Beta

These first two comments sounded very good, but did not work for me. I cannot get the REF set to work in object space, let alone layout space. I keep getting the default red ref set, no matter what I do. I guess I 'll have to call tech support.
    -=JT=-

Quote Originally Posted by jtcapa View Post
    These first two comments sounded very good, but did not work for me. I cannot get the REF set to work in object space, let alone layout space. I keep getting the default red ref set, no matter what I do. I guess I 'll have to call tech support.
    JT, I bet if you resend to layout with the ref set on, you will find it works. Very funky, resend to layout and all should be fine.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

The oddity is that in object space, I can only get the default red reference set to display, no colors or lineweights, even though the modified ref set has colors and lineweights. it wont' display in model space. When I send to the layout, even the default ref set won't display. It is very odd.
    -=JT=-

Quote Originally Posted by jtcapa View Post
    The oddity is that in object space, I can only get the default red reference set to display, no colors or lineweights, even though the modified ref set has colors and lineweights. it wont' display in model space. When I send to the layout, even the default ref set won't display. It is very odd.
    Post it and I am sure someone will look at it. 100 to one odds its user error. If you want an answer, post the plan and layout or something similar.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Interesting thread and good read, great tips. I tried to get the OP's question answered and I'm not sure if this idea was mentioned as it seems so simple and is perhaps not what the OP was asking.

I placed all first floor roof planes on the second floor (display on floor above command) and 'filled' them with a shingle fill. Now all the roof planes show with a shingle fill. Then I set up a separate layer for each roof plane on the first floor and another different layer for the planes on the second floor.

Just turn off the second floor roof layer and I 'think' you get what you want.

Down side is that your first floor roof planes are now on the second floor but perhaps send to layout will preserve the look you want.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roof plane 2.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	60461

Name:	roof plane 1.PNG 
Views:	139 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	60460

EDIT: Works but any change to the plan's roof planes back to display on the first floor changes the Layout view and you're back to square one. There still MIGHT be a way to get this to work, but with the guru's not finding a way I am not confident.

Tried to 'copy in place' the first floor roof planes, then send a copy to 'display on floor above' and again it display properly but any future changes are again reflected in the Layout and again back to a no go.

I just set up another Anno Set and sent that view to Layout and it seems to work great. VERY easy to set up and works well enough for me to use it in the future.

Name:	roof plane 3.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	60464

Name:	roof plane 4.PNG 
Views:	135 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	60465
    The purpose of Government is to control the common resources, not the common man.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Motherboard EVGA Classified SR-2
    Processors (2) 6 core Xeon L5640
    Memory 24GB PNY DDR3 1600
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    Monitor 26" LG 1920 x 1200
    21" Viewsonic