Threaded View

Question Neighborhood Park & Garden Design

I volunteer with two neighborhood associations and an elementary school who are considering collaborating on a new park / garden on some abandoned land.

The area is a small valley with a creek, and I need to be able to lay out small bench pads or "patios" cut into the hillside. I also need to be able to show pathways with grade indication also cut into the hillsides. (If possible, I need grade indications to prove to ADA specifications since this will be a public access project.)

The worst case hillside angle is something around 45deg. by 40 vertical feet high max, bordering a gently sloping flat valley with a rocky creek running through it. At the bottom, the hillsides end in a gently sloping flat area.

I need for this to be walk-through 3D presentable. And as we clear the land and are able to take better measurements, I will need to be able to refine the terrain without starting from scratch.

Can a Chief Architect product do this job, without a building in the design?

Finally, since this is for IRS certified non-profits, is there a donation application procedure to get a version of Chief Architect for this project? We will be glad to list Chief Architect in the credits as the project progresses and completes.

Thank you.