eyebrow dormer house on Chief Architect website.

Just wondering if the person who did the eyebrow dormer house could do a video tutorial and pdf of the plans for the "Chiefers." The house looks really good compared to my attempt at designing this house with three stories instead of just 2. The proportions are pleasing to my eye and the windows seem to be the right size and style. Just having the pdf of the plans of this house would be useful. Thanks!

Can you post a link to it? I don't think I did it, but I probably will know who did. I took at look and didn't spot it.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)

Number three from upper left on the "exteriors" page.

http://www.chiefarchitect.com/produc...es.html#render

A knockoff of a house featured about fifteen years ago in Fine Homebuilding, I think. Too late to look in my archives. Nice steep roof, slate texture, the curved planes pitched, not level, the face chopped vertical. Nice. Tapered chimney.
    Gene Davis
    SSA: X5 Premium, X4 Premium, X3, X2 (12.5.1.9), 10.08.b
    Intel i7 quad-core 64-bit HM65 express, Windows 7, 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX560M - 3 GB GDDRS - SDRAM
    Google Sketchup 8.0
    DropBox cloud storage

This is the link for David Michael's video of the construction of that particular roof: http://www.chieftutor.com/roof/eyebrow.html
    Bill Emery

OR CCB# 105259
    Ashland Home Design LLC
    Bill@AshlandHome.Net

First, let me say that I do recognize this is a fairly complex type of 3d model to make - and that video was a great help. There is no way someone like me, new to Chief, would know to "futz" around with something like that to make it work. What would be very helpful is a video series that deals with the principle of "futzing" with chief to get things done like this. The person who made this video knew (a) when to futz, and (b) how to futz....and now we known how to properly futz to make a eyebrow dormer like this. Beyond joining the chief architect cult, the rest of us would love to know directly how we should identify when/how a "futz" is required.

I don't mean to try to take this subject off-course, I just wanted to state that.
    X5
    i7-3930k Dell XPS - 16GB Ram
    (2) 30" Dell 3008WFP Monitors
    Wacom 24HD