Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So, you bought Envisioneer too what a load of crapware that is, I started with it for CAD hated it as well. Plus, it never worked with 2020 as promised anyway. How did I sell 2020 trade secret, sorry. Anyway, the what cabinet line do you sell. I only sell one one, I tried a few others but found them to be far less quality and more headaches, if a customer wants the HD or Lowes crap go there not here, any way it really works sweet for me and I do not plan to look back. I actually find it faster to get an order in if I take into consideration all the dinking around you have to do with 2020 and especially if the order form was screwed up. I do not understand how 2020 became the industry leader, it is total car....

I used PK for a bit to test drive but again I found the rendering and overall appearance too bland unless you use the same setting they use in the ads. That is where I think Chief shines, you really can render and represent the overall project very well.
    Chris Haley

Imac 27
    i7, 8gigs
    Bootcamp

EV7 and 2020 v9 are fine together, do the job, but I won't use 9 much less 10.
    I handle Showplace, Mountaineer, and Quality Custom Cabinetry. Only SWP supports 2020, none are in CA. But with zero cabinets and no mods or accessories in the CA catalogs it doesn't matter since I wouldn't even get nomenclature out of it.

Simple 2020 got the market being first, catalog pricing, and ease of use and entry. For the majority of KDs 2020 is adequate and easy, except for the regular crash. A lot depends or how good a brands catalog is, for some the pricing is reliable and even can go directly to the mfg. Fewer price errors. The OOB renders suit consumers better with an unsophisticated operator. Big factors for volume dealers.
    It's when you push it or need better drawings that real trouble starts. The generic catalog is extrelmely flexible, I have a few useful cats from my old job for special demands, but that eliminates pricing unless you make two files.

If Autokitchen had any keyboard support at all I might have gone that way when I switched (if QCCI ever supports it..)
    but happy with CA. Just need something else so PK, already supplement with Bluebeam, Turbocad, and SU.
    So how'd you sell 2020
    Mark McAniff, Highland, NY

X5 Interiors
    Sager NP9150 Win8, i7 3840-2.8, GTX 670MX 3GB, 16GB DDR3, 256 mSSD, 500HDD
    Dell M4500 Win7 Pro-64, i7 M620, Quadro FX 880M, 8GB

MarkJames & Co. Designers of fine kitchens, baths, and built-ins.
    www.markjames.co

Our firm strictly does Kitchens and Bathrooms, everything from custom cabinetry to the paint colors, flooring and appliances. We are thinking of diving in to chief architect but wanted some feedback about working with their cabinetry. Are you able to make it in to what you want? How are the cad elevations? Do they come out much like AutoCAD? Is there a way to switch back and forth between the two?
    Thanks!

" Is there a way to switch back and forth between the two? "

Between Auto Cad & Chief? You can export and import DXF or DWG formats.
    I do mostly kitchens and baths but also do full remodeling and Chief can handle it all.
    When you get into paints etc. monitor display will be different for different computers
    but that has nothing to do with Chief. You can do pretty much anything you want in CHief
    but it does not do pricing and catalogs like 20-20 etc. DId you look at the gallery on CHief?
    There is also a 30 day return policy.
    Dennis Gavin CR, CKBR
    Gavin Design-Build
    Media, PA.
    610-353-8890
    X5

Quote Originally Posted by dgavin View Post
    ...There is also a 30 day return policy.
    And, unlike most other software, Chief allows you to sell your license if you need to. You won't get quite the same as you paid, and there's a fee for the transfer ($50 right now) but that beats the heck out of just being stuck. I sold a license several years ago when I was just plain broke and REALLY needed some cash. And I bought one this year from somebody else in the same boat.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)

Elevations are great in CA- switching is easy between plan, elevations and layout views- one of the joys of chief.
    The only thing you can't do directly is edit rails and stiles - to do that you have to either:
    change the door style, export to dwg or convert directly within Chief using detail from view which requires Premier.
    In the long run if there is not a door style you want in the MFG cats and it is something you use often it can be made in Sketchup and imported- I can even do that and I'm no SU jockey.
    Mark McAniff, Highland, NY

X5 Interiors
    Sager NP9150 Win8, i7 3840-2.8, GTX 670MX 3GB, 16GB DDR3, 256 mSSD, 500HDD
    Dell M4500 Win7 Pro-64, i7 M620, Quadro FX 880M, 8GB

MarkJames & Co. Designers of fine kitchens, baths, and built-ins.
    www.markjames.co