How to Edit/See/Print Patterns in Vector Elevations and Layout

I am wanting to move ahead with my elevations and use wall patterns to add impact/useability - mainly brick. I normally send vectors to layout and want monochrome 'CAD-style' line elevations. The strange thing is, the brick pattern doesn't show up in vector view, regardless of 'Pattern 3D views' being on or off, but it does show up in 'standard view' but that is no good as it is unscaleable in layout. It also shows up in vectors sent to the layout, though in extremely faint grey for brickwork which then doesn't show up in print - how do I darken/change colour of this elevation view brick pattern? Also, the layout image is black and white, regardless of whether colour is switched on or off in the plan vector elevation that was sent. And how can I set the size of the bricks in the brick patterns? (again, I'm talking in vector elevation and resultant layout views, not plan view wall defs). BTW, tiled roofs show up easily - black outlined tiles on white in vector view (when viewed with colour toggled off) and in layout.

Sorry if I missed this chapter but as I can't get a printed manual for X5 and have no desire to sit in front of my PC for more hours of training after too many working...

I have read on this forum that some of these weird/anti-intuitive behaviours could be video card problems, but I'm not sure when X5 just doesn't do WYSIWYG, when it might be the video card and when it might be my enormous ignorance.
    Andy
    London, UK
    X6
    Property Development

xxxxxx
    Dell XPS
    O/S: Windows 7 64bit
    Processor: 2nd generation Intel Core i7-2670QM 2.20 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.10 GHz
    Memory: 16GB 1600 DDR3
    Screen: Dual 15.6" 1920x1080 and 28" 1920 x 1200
    Graphics: 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M
    Coffee: Lavazza

Been playing around and whilst I still can;t get the vector view of elevations to show brick patterns, by choosing different layer sets I can get the bricks to show up great, with black outlines. Can't see what layer is making the difference (not helped by having no preview of the Layout change in the plans Elevation view). Also still no idea how to change the elevation view brick size.
    Andy
    London, UK
    X6
    Property Development

xxxxxx
    Dell XPS
    O/S: Windows 7 64bit
    Processor: 2nd generation Intel Core i7-2670QM 2.20 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.10 GHz
    Memory: 16GB 1600 DDR3
    Screen: Dual 15.6" 1920x1080 and 28" 1920 x 1200
    Graphics: 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M
    Coffee: Lavazza

I think an answer might be in this video:
    http://www.chieftalk.com/showthread....ht=pattern+dsh
    Kevin Moquin, AIA, LEED AP BD+C
    Portland Maine
    Chief X
    Asus G74SX i7 2630QM @ 2.0 GHz, 12GB, GeoForce GTX560M 3GB, Windows 7
    kma | kevin moquin architect
    kma on Facebook