GBD is offline Registered User Promoted

Multi stories floor height

I am working on a 3 stories residence. The first floor is 12'0" high plus 20" floor trusses and 3/4 subfloor. The second floor is 10'0" high plus 20" floor truss and 3/4" subfloor. The 3rd floor is 10'0" with roof trusses above. My problem is maintaining the floor height as I work between the different floors. The first floor changes back to 10'0" height. How do I lock the different floor heights so that they will not change when I rebuild and develope perspectives and elevations?

You manage that in the structure tab. If all your rooms on each floor are to have the same spec's, make sure they are all the same. Maybe you have one or more rooms on each floor that have different settings that is somehow controlling your floor/ceiling heights. Use the Select Same Type tool to get all your rooms with the same settings if some are different.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

Create all you floors before you draw anything, even if they are just blank floors (no walls).
    Start from the TOP and work down using the Floor Defaults to set up your platform heights.
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD