2D objects in default view now squares within squares

hello,

somewhat newbie question i'm sure, but I've searched the forums for a seemingly appropriate amount of time and came up empty handed...probably not using the right search terms because i'm unsure of what I did.

all my objects are now squares within squares. new objects I insert display correctly. what button did I press?! using X4. thank you in advance.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	137 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	58296

You need to recreate the block - See image below
    Click on the object first, then the tools at the bottom will show.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	114 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	58297  
    Kevin Moquin, AIA, LEED AP BD+C
    Portland Maine
    Chief X
    Asus G74SX i7 2630QM @ 2.0 GHz, 12GB, GeoForce GTX560M 3GB, Windows 7
    kma | kevin moquin architect
    kma on Facebook

I believe you've tripped on a bug. Your symbol has lost it's 2D cad block. The correction is as Kevin says.

But you likely didn't do anything wrong. Please keep an eye out and if it happens again, contact tech support and tell them what you did just prior. I don't know that this hasn't been fixed in X5, but I don't know that it has either (because I don't know what action you took that triggered it). This is exactly the kind of issue that's very difficult for them to correct, because we usually don't notice the problem immediately, making it hard to say exactly what's triggering it.

Fortunately the damage is easily repaired.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)

What version are you using ? I know this was a problem in a previous version, Can't remember which one though.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

He said X4 in his post.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)

As already mentioned, your light is missing the cad block associated with it.

How the program lost the cad block is a good question. It could have been lost because of a bug in your version of the program or maybe because the plan got corrupted in some other way. If you are not using the latest update for your version, you should download and install the update. It is possible that you have run into a bug that was already fixed.

The other thing you need to do is to try and determine how serious the problem is.

Are you missing the cad blocks for all of your electrical objects or just a few?

Are you missing the cad blocks for the electrical objects in your electrical defaults? If you don't fix your defaults, you will continue to see problems every time you place a new electrical object.

Are you missing the 3d data associated with your electrical objects too? If you are missing the 3d data, fixing the cad block does not really solve the problem. I would recommend first fixing your defaults and then deleting the object and replacing it with a new one.

Are you missing any cad blocks or 3d data with any other symbol objects (like fixtures and furniture)? You should delete these objects and replace them with new ones.

If you have lots of problems with this plan, I would highly recommend that you look for a backup that is not corrupt. Fixing these kinds of problems can be very time consuming and frustrating.

If all else fails, you should contact tech support.
    Dermot Dempsey
    Principal Software Engineer
    Chief Architect, Inc.
    http://www.ChiefArchitect.com
    http://www.HomeDesignerSoftware.com

Thank you for all your replies. Moaks advice did in fact fix the problem. However, it was not only the electrical objects that had lost there cad blocks...it was every item in the plan. New objects I would place, identical to the ones that had lost there blocks, would appear as normal. Luckily I save often and under several file names, so instead of refreshing each cad block I reverted to a saved file. Thank you again for all your help.