Finally, you can find something in this book!

Great index, comprehensive listing of book contents. You can start with chapter 3 if you have some experience with Chief Architect. Try "Snaps" page 124, or "Align-Distro." page 211. Another fine reference book by Terry Munson, http://www.chiefapprentice.com/. I got mine in the mail yesterday. Worth every penney.

Thanks, Jerry,

The book also includes a Workbook on the DVD. Also on the DVD is a color PDF of the book. Each item in the index is linked to the page it is found on. I put a lot of effort and time into the book. I believe the book will be of great benefit to anyone who uses CA in their work. Is there going to be an X6 book? Depends on how many books I sell of the X5.
    Terry Munson
    Munson Drafting Service
    Kent, WA 98032
    Author of "Learning Chief Architect Step By Step"
    "Learning Chief Architect X4 Step By Step"
    "Become an Expert Using CAX4"
    "Automatic and Manual Creation of Roofs Using CA"
    "Residential Design Using CAX5"
    terrymunson2@msn.com
    http://chiefapprentice.com

CA vX5

Hello everyone,

I'm new to chieftalk and chief architect. I was considering buying Terry's newest book, but was a bit confused about PDF or paper copy. I'm kinda old fashioned so, it would be great to have a hard copy on the shelf. And it includes a CD. Is the CD just a PDF of the book? Although, I prefer a book... It's pretty tempting to just buy and download the PDF instantly. If I Buy and download the PDF, will it allow me to put it on my desktop and my laptop ??

Thanks for the advice, hope I didn't take over the thread... Seemed like a fitting spot for my question.

JF

I thought Chieftalk was supposed to be a pretty active forum. No one has a response ?

Probably best to contact Terry directly

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

There we go, Thanks. I'll do that.

OK TMunson...what's it going to be? Your previous post states the release of an X6 edition is dependent upon your X5 book's success. I am planning to buy CA in the next few days and it seems that for the price of CA I'd be a fool to not seek every bit of knowledge on how to use CA as I can. From my understanding, my X5 to X6 upgrade will be included in my purchase so I hope you will have an X6 book for me. I could not imagine the work that goes into making these manuals so I hope for your sake you sell enough to make it worth your while.

Dave Ares
    for info to follow...

I have not yet decided on whether or not to write another book for CA. If I do decide to write a book for X6 it probably would not be published until June or later. However, the X5 book would still serve you well with X6. Though each new version of CA has added additional tools and enhancements, it is still fundamentally the same. Once you understand the fundimentals of the software, learning the new tools and enhancements becomes pretty easy. The X5 books will still be invaluable in learning to master the software.
    Terry Munson
    Munson Drafting Service
    Kent, WA 98032
    Author of "Learning Chief Architect Step By Step"
    "Learning Chief Architect X4 Step By Step"
    "Become an Expert Using CAX4"
    "Automatic and Manual Creation of Roofs Using CA"
    "Residential Design Using CAX5"
    terrymunson2@msn.com
    http://chiefapprentice.com

CA vX5