Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyprc View Post
    That is something you would need to do in Sketchup or Rhino. Why not just place 4' sections and then rotate each one to match the curve? You could try 2' sections if you want a better arch, but in construction that is typically how its done anyways. Bending pre-fab lattice would end up breaking apart.

Not that this is the question, but that builder needs to look at the time/cost of bending those beams. The design, though it can be drawn, is highly "improbable". I did an old town arch in Anacortes, Wa which initially the City Council wanted glu-lam beams arched - and we ended up as I suggested from the start in using steal webbed members. I would be interested to know what you guys considered for actually building that. Thanks!
    Builder will make a laminated arched beam using redwood 2x8, three layers, sawn into the radius, bolted up, sanded. It will not be carring much weight, just 2x joists (I guess you could call them), supporting posts @ 12' o.c., and the lattice panels over. Idea is for Wisteria to take over in time. I was able to figure the radius with Chief, and a simple diagram.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Radius for Arch_p.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	974 Bytes 
ID:	58230  
    Jere Johnson
    Version X3 & X4 & X5 latest
    Electra Glide Standard