Threaded View

Justice:

I have a copy of SoftPlan although I haven’t used it for years. I never used SoftList, although I am familiar with it. It has most of the features I mentioned in my previous post – more or less – mostly less.

I won’t get into a P-P; other previous threads have already done that. Softlist does get more play, but the major complaint there is the maintenance.
    I believe, it would be a MAJOR mistake for Chief to try to be a Softplan “me too”. It would be a grand and perhaps a fatal effort for Chief to duplicate. Chief should leverage the features it does well, they have the tools and opportunity to leap frog both Softplan and CadSoft, in this area, but seem to be too timid to do so.

I think direct comparisons would be counterproductive. Chief does not have to resources to be another mediocre BIM company and I expect, they know that. To be effective, Chief needs to go the OOB route.
    Gerry

NewCraft Home Services

Design/ Compliance Review
    PE, X6 , Sketchup 8, TurboCad Pro 20
    -----------------------------------
    ASUS P9X79D, i7-3820, GTX680 w/4gb
    -----------------------------
    If the Government would just cut down more d*** trees, I'd have a much better view of the forest.