Hybrid View

Gerry that is a great summary of what is needed. I do hope that other users take the time to digest what you are saying here. The technical reasons for doing things this way or that way are a little over my head but there is no doubt that the engineers at Chief get it. With their collective brains trust this can't be difficult. One of the areas that could be picked up and sorted out is the foundation. For an exercise I built a 5m x 5m box with double brick and cavity. Built the foundation with the magic foundation button. Selected my foundation and opened the components. At this most basic level I was hoping to find concrete. There is no concrete in the components for the foundation. I would like to know how many cubic meters of concrete is in my footing!
    Edward

CA X6 Beta

Designer

Intermediate skill set and reaching

PPCM Pace Project & Construction Management.
    www.ppcm.com.au

To make a meaningful connection, I suggest that Chief adopt the concept of assembles which can be created and attached to any object or assembly of objects.

Gerry:

this is why I have been recommending Cad Estimator as a companion for Chief for years
    when I started with Chief I started to partner with a Chiefer who used CADEST and was planning
    to buy it and use it myself

however, most of the builders I was working with didn't need estimates or material lists
    so I never went further with it

I understand that the author created an import connection with Chief
    but I have no experience with it

the CADEST website has very good free videos demonstrating how to use it

I think CA should give consideration to buying or partnering with CADEST
    to offer a whole new ML method

Planswift is another choice...

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051