Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by lbuttery View Post

..... applying "band-aid" fixes to the ML is not really a solution

we have to be able to trust it
    without trust - it is useless...
    Lew:
    You just summarized the most germane part of about 100+ posts. --- Good Show. Perhaps it does take a programmer to see the problem. At some point we all have to realize the best path is to step back and re-evaluate.

What is being lost is that no one cares what we want. We, as designers, are creating a product for someone else to use. Functionality is the only thing that matters here and Chief’s ML is not functional. Small nudges to solve these problems isn’t going to help.

As designers, we are supposed to be in tune with the needs of our customers. That’s why people value our opinion. That doesn’t seem to be the case here. The focus should be: “how can we make these features an asset to our customers”?

It might be more productive to suggest that some pick up a demo copy of the competition or other BIM software to see what the market needs and trends are, rather than what makes me happy today?

I believe that keeping us “busy” arguing with each other isn’t going to solve much either. Only a cooperative, fresh approach can do that and Chief does already process the nucleus of an innovative solution. But without input and direction, it’s going to take another left turn to a dead end.
    Gerry

NewCraft Home Services

Design/ Compliance Review
    PE, X6 , Sketchup 8, TurboCad Pro 20
    -----------------------------------
    ASUS P9X79D, i7-3820, GTX680 w/4gb
    -----------------------------
    If the Government would just cut down more d*** trees, I'd have a much better view of the forest.