Threaded View

Edward,

I am looking at your video now and you are making mistakes re the mono slab.
    The slab sits directly on top of the footing so that from top of slab to bottom of footing is 550mm (100mm slab + 450mm footing).
    You are assuming that the bottom of the brick ledge is the top of footing - it is not - top of footing is a bottom of slab.
    So yes, if you want the top of footing to be bottom of brick ledge, you need to set it up that way by making your footing 522mm high.
    This is not a workaround - this is how Chief works.
    You also claim that the chamfer doesn't work - as far as I can tell, it works as designed, I think you are using it incorrectly - it is possible to use both chamfer hight and with correctly.
    The Chamfer is not used to locate the footing or any other part of the mono slab, it is used as a triangular infill only.
    This is not a workaround - this is how Chief works.

Further because you are detailing a mono slab (all poured at once, but admittedly all lumped under 100mm slab), the cubic meters of concrete is reporting spot on for the slab + footing + chamfer - brick ledge:
    slab = 2.5
    + footings = 2.9295
    + chamfer = .086
    - brick ledge = .4681 (approx)
    Total = 5.0474

Your ML is reporting 5.05 cu m
    I would say that is close enough.

I agree that mesh needs to have the brick ledge deducted to be really accurate - but on a large project, the difference would be negligable.

This is just my first quick reaction while looking at your video - I am not trying to be negative as I think this is all good stuff.
    I believe the ML needs work and you are doing a great job with your posts and video.
    But if information is being posted, it needs to be correct.

I will have a closer look at your vid tomorrow.

PS. I don't think the wall insulation is coming from the Gap material.
    I think it is coming from the internal brick skin (main layer) and Chief assumes that the main layer is a framed layer and therefore needs insulation.
    Last edited by Glenn Woodward; 04-03-2013 at 01:08 AM.
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD