Hybrid View

Hi Geoff,

I am new to this forum as well. Like you I am familiar with the program and like you I came here in search of answers.

I used the search box looking for posts on materials lists. No help there. I opened up an old plan ticked all in material in the layer box. When I produced my materials list I had to reach for my pills!!!!!

So I tried another approach. I turned everything off with the intention of starting from the beginning. The video was an attempt at drawing this issue to the attention of Chief.

This is an issue that is very old and the comments are coming out of the woodwork. There is a discussion about Residential BIM you might find that interesting.

In my view pointing out flaws is a good thing and should not be confused with criticism. There are occassions when a post is obviously frustrated but generally it's constructive even if it focuses on the flaws.

I can tell you what I want and I can tell you what I do. I want Chief to fix the ML and we will continue to do our estimates the way we have done for years. Excel.

Your question is a good question and not too unreasonable . It may be better directed to Doug Park at post#114

Nice
    Edward

CA X6 Beta

Designer

Intermediate skill set and reaching

PPCM Pace Project & Construction Management.
    www.ppcm.com.au