Threaded View

Right on Ed, I would like to see that video.

I do think Chief will improve the ML in X6 but how much I do not know?

ML full development is a no brainer IMO.

Ed, did you read this post "Material Take Offs, Builder's Show and other stuff" if not please do so?

Then you will see why I am not counting on much being done about ML right now?

Why should I waste my time building models in Chief if I needed to do a full BIM take off for accurate estimating of non standard houses?

I would advise you to at least look at other 3d BIM CAD programs that can easily be 3d exported into VICO or QTO by Autodesk if you need to do a full take off for the way we build here in Australia and many other parts of the world.

Chief is good for Queenslander style buildings when it comes to ML that are very close to US style houses.

Chief is getting better but we might have to wait till XX till we are satisfied with ML accuracy for us in Australia?

BTW I am very happy with Chief Architect when it comes to making accurate models of houses with floor slabs for Australian standard house styles, for my working drawings.

They have surprised me in X4 with the job they did on floor slabs with the splays showing up in cross section and in X5
    with the work on ridge capping going well although not quite polished yet?

The models are just fine for us, we just need a bit more work on the ML, who knows they might surprise us again in the future I hope as early as X7?
    Last edited by Justice; 04-02-2013 at 06:14 PM.
    Manuel Trantalis.

1999 V6 to X5 2012.

Dell XPS 630i Q9400@2.66GHz,
    Twin NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT,
    8GB Ram, 64bit Windows 7 Pro.