Threaded View

Glen your comments are very welcome and I have accepted them in the spirit they are given. Your right of course and many may have formed that view. I need to turn that around. I haven't been playing devils advocate ( no suggestion from anyone that I am - just saying) I will respond with more accuracy over the next few days (Easter and family commitments permitting). Part of repeating myself was responding to different posts looking for other users viewpoint. I can get the reporting that you mention. It is not reporting properly. If you have a concrete floor for the ground floor and a concrete floor for 2nd floor it reports as foundation. OK you can get the numbers and they will be correct but it is still reporting the 2nd floor as foundation. In my view the foundation and footing are the same thing. Ground floor slab is the ground floor and not a foundation member. Chief calculates the footing and ground floor slab as foundation and combines those 2 items into one total for concrete. OK many may say - well that's how Chief does it. The purpose of this conversation is to illustrate to Chief if there are others like me who have abandoned the materials list and would like to rediscover it.There are many examples where Chief works well and where it does't. I am staying focused on the footing - foundation at the moment and will move on to why I think the doors, walls etc could do with some improvement in the reporting. My primary driver is to use the program as designed not cleverly find workaround solutions.

justice made the point "You seem to get the most out of Chief, albeit through correct use and work around?" If you presented a builder with the materials list with "correct use" the builder (locally any way cant speak for across the water) would calculate footing and slab as separate items.

Please stay interested and add your comments and thoughts.
    Edward

CA X6 Beta

Designer

Intermediate skill set and reaching

PPCM Pace Project & Construction Management.
    www.ppcm.com.au