Threaded View

There is only one way forward and that is to implement a residential BIM strategy. 6d is a bridge too far but 5d is possible. Offering to pay more may or may not be a solution. But a product that can be networked across the office and across the road has got to be the goal. Apart from reporting correctly, a simple time schedule and estimating with supplier and contractor database Chief will place itself ahead of the pack. It already owns the advantage. Our building supervisor needs access the accounts people need access. The cloud is here and is part of our daily operations. The project plan should be available to add this type of information without Chief getting into Knot about security. In my view adding more bells and whistles is nice but a functioning BIM Residential is where the new sales are. The existing commercial orientated software solutions (you know who you are) have a focus on the big end of town and governments. Will they reach back to the residential designer - who knows but one thing for sure they have no interest in residential BIM at this time. BIM is the new technology solution. Cad has been left behind even though many are still using it. Windows 98 WOW it was cutting edge for a day now its not possible to survive or grow with that technology. Fax machine - still got one in the office. We only use it when asked. BIM is not the future BIM is now and Chief had better own some before some other players ( and they are there) get too far ahead. As a starting point fix the materials list. I have prepared a video demonstrating the issues I am having with it. Still working out how to make it available.
    Edward

CA X6 Beta

Designer

Intermediate skill set and reaching

PPCM Pace Project & Construction Management.
    www.ppcm.com.au