Hybrid View

Lew:

Quantity does not make anything complex. It's more important as to how the components mesh to create the final solution. In fact, a break down of tasks is considered the best design approach. Chief just tries to over automate without paying much attention to how well the components function together . Kind of like trying to build a car with a thousand unreliable parts.

Nothing about Materials in Chief is that complicated but few components are designed to work seamlessly toward a end product. Because Chief's base approach is not that complex only means the needed changes (fixes) are not that complicated either. This is basically a classical database problem, of which, I know there are a number of people here who could resolve if Chief was really interested.
    Gerry

NewCraft Home Services

Design/ Compliance Review
    PE, X6 , Sketchup 8, TurboCad Pro 20
    -----------------------------------
    ASUS P9X79D, i7-3820, GTX680 w/4gb
    -----------------------------
    If the Government would just cut down more d*** trees, I'd have a much better view of the forest.

It's more important as to how the components mesh to create the final solution

Gerry:

it may just be semantics, but this is what makes the ML "complex"

the parts don't make the whole....

trying to understand the parts and their inter-connections (the trees)
    make it impossible to see the forest

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

I wish the material list was accurate and reliable. I bought the X3 and now have completed the design of my house but am disappointed that CA has limitations on the estimating sections. The programme is so good but if I had known that the estimating section was limited I would have look at other softwares. I believe this element is crucial for the overall delivery of a project.

Reuben Lamack
    Owner Builder NSW