Threaded View

Hi Keithhe,

Thanks for the reply,

I have been working on a excel spreadsheet to manage the exported materials list and reassign the elements into a logical report . Its a spreadsheet we currently use. As I was developing and struggling with the VBA to make it work It occurred to me that I was trying to reinvent the wheel. It also occurred to me that If Chief sorted out this problem we would not export to excel until we were at a stage where our client had committed to the project. That is why I have started this conversation. How many people have abandoned the materials list and how many would like it to function correctly.

With your suggestion it is a natural result. Sheets are sizes not just area. As an example of abandonment I know there is reporting for wall-board but I could find no reason to look past the foundation. Until that works for me there is little value in working out all the idiosyncrasies of the materials list. Material can be defined as sheets but I have not checked how they report to the materials list. Hopefully more will respond to this conversation and we can all learn a little more.
    Edward

CA X6 Beta

Designer

Intermediate skill set and reaching

PPCM Pace Project & Construction Management.
    www.ppcm.com.au