Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Re: Sill Moldings

I started a new thread so to not hijack Chads on railing moldings.

Dave (function9) had a query about brick sills to which I thought I knew the answer. I've had mine set up as a default for so long I thought I would try creating a new one and found an anomaly

I drew a rectangle 230x110mm (standard metric size), rotated a few degrees to get the sill fall and squared up the back to replicate a typical brick sill, then added to library. When I selected the new molding in the window DBX the new molding doubled in size with no way of resizing.

Any clues?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	57625
    Matt Taylor
    Newcastle NSW Australia

Chief X5
    Intel i7-2670QM 2.20GHz
    8GB Ram
    1GB GEForce GT555M
    Win7 64-Bit

Matty, I had exactly the same thing but when I re-opened the profile I made I resized mine down to 185 x110 na dit came up looking alright...maybe its a bit like when brickie might crack the end off the brick from the last frog (depending on the brick type)
    Dave
    Chief X5

Its got me stumped, I tried in X3 and it worked perfect first time. I exported the library item from X3 and imported to X5 and tried again but again it resized 2-3 times the actual size its meant to be
    Matt Taylor
    Newcastle NSW Australia

Chief X5
    Intel i7-2670QM 2.20GHz
    8GB Ram
    1GB GEForce GT555M
    Win7 64-Bit

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyt12 View Post
    Its got me stumped, I tried in X3 and it worked perfect first time. I exported the library item from X3 and imported to X5 and tried again but again it resized 2-3 times the actual size its meant to be
    yeah thats exactly what I got happening but since I'm new to CA I just thought it was normal (but odd)
    Dave
    Chief X5

marty is offline Registered User Promoted
    I have come across this in the past and put it down to something I was doing wrong with the process so just re-sized and moved on.
    Gordon Martinsen
    Auckland
    New Zealand
    W7 64 bit X5
    i7 2600k 3.7Ghz
    8 GB RAM
    180Gb SSD
    Nvidia GTX 560 1 Gb

I wonder if it is a metric bug. Noticed nobody using imperial has chimed in.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Quote Originally Posted by dshall View Post
    I wonder if it is a metric bug. Noticed nobody using imperial has chimed in.
    Could be onto something there and I thought I figured it out but then again maybe not.

There's roughly 25.4mm to an Inch therefore the 110 high sill should be about 4.33 inches. But my sill molding is regenerating itself about 280mm which is about 2.54 times 110. the decimal places dont work so must just be coincidence.
    Matt Taylor
    Newcastle NSW Australia

Chief X5
    Intel i7-2670QM 2.20GHz
    8GB Ram
    1GB GEForce GT555M
    Win7 64-Bit

I would check if I was near the 'puter, if no one else verifies , I will check when I get home.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

That would be awesome, cheers.
    Matt Taylor
    Newcastle NSW Australia

Chief X5
    Intel i7-2670QM 2.20GHz
    8GB Ram
    1GB GEForce GT555M
    Win7 64-Bit

That would be awesome, cheers.
    Thanks for the reminder, yep, I just checked it out and all is well with imperial units, it must be a metric thing.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

If you don't believe me......

http://chieftutor.com/dscotthall/MAT...ICK%20SILL.wmv

I forgot............ NSW is New South Wales............. temporary lapse of recollection.

Here we go:

Western Australia, Southern Australia, Northern Territories, Queensland, New South Wales, Tasmania (all from memory) and the final one is.............. errrrrr ..... I may have to look that one up, Victoria, I had to look it up.
    Last edited by dshall; 02-18-2013 at 02:30 PM.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Very good though you missed one, the Australian Capital Territory.

It seems like something was lost in translation with the new update as I have a molding from X3 set as a default that works as yours does in the video.
    Matt Taylor
    Newcastle NSW Australia

Chief X5
    Intel i7-2670QM 2.20GHz
    8GB Ram
    1GB GEForce GT555M
    Win7 64-Bit

Very good though you missed one, the Australian Capital Territory...................
    Is that where Canberra is? Kind of like our Washington D.C.? So there are 8 territories/states?
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Sure is, the only entirely planned city and one of the most interesting architecturally. 6 States and 2 territories.
    Matt Taylor
    Newcastle NSW Australia

Chief X5
    Intel i7-2670QM 2.20GHz
    8GB Ram
    1GB GEForce GT555M
    Win7 64-Bit

errrrrr ..... I may have to look that one up, Victoria, I had to look it up.

Scott

How could you forget Victoria?

How was your ride on Puffing Billy?
    Len Martin BDAV
    RBP DP-AD1885
    Melbourne
    Australia

V4 through to X6 16.1.1.9X64
    "A putt left short will never go in the hole"