Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyprc View Post
    I will try to post something when I get a chance, but overall many architects want to use Revit for its similarity to AutoCad. In a perfect world, I would want Chief to look and feel like Revit, a polished app, but do the things Chief does. In a nutshell that is the basis of my point.

I'll add that I just finished watching a Vectorworks seminar this morning where an architect from Santa Barabra was showing off his drawings (he had elevation drawings). The mediator thought he had done this in Vectorworks with 3D - but to his suprise, and somewhat embarrasment, it was discovered that the Architect produced the drawings in 2D only - for speed and quality. The ONLY app I have see that can produce a client ready 3D model presentation in the same time it takes sometimes to draw a 2D presentation IS CHIEF. Truthfuly, the quirky nature of Chief made me NOT want it to be the case, I with Revit was better, but I can't argue with results.

Here is a little farmhouse we did in a couple hours the other day (Joey Martin did this). I have not seen a rendering from Revit that could even do this out of the box. I know a lot of people do better stuff, but I wanted to show some of the work done in "concept" time.
    Johnny,
    Vectorworks and ArchiCAD have similar input methods when drawing the model up with elements.
    I have lots of my work stored in CA files. To edit a CA model is very quick for me and so is building a model.
    I use ArchiCAD full as well but on simple builders homes that are not too complicated I can do a fatser job in CA
    since the framing in CA is part of the package and is easy to use as well. If I dont need to do framing plans and the house
    is more complicated I will use AC instead. I am more used to Chief but it has gotten better over time like good wine. I have had to ask for things I needed and they eventually gave them to us. They do listen more than others as well I have found and thats why I ask guys here to make suggestions on how to Iron out some of the wrinkles from Chief.
    Manuel Trantalis.

1999 V6 to X5 2012.

Dell XPS 630i Q9400@2.66GHz,
    Twin NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT,
    8GB Ram, 64bit Windows 7 Pro.