Threaded View

Fun2Learn,

I can tell you beyond any doubt that for what you are wanting to do Revit LT is NOT the program you want. Yes, it can do what you want but it was not designed for it as a program. No, you cannot "import" manuf. catalogs either. You have to either import a "family" or create your own. You are limited to doing renders "in the cloud" and even then you only get 5 times with your subscription. After that you pay extra. There are many good things about the program but for the type of work you are considering, well, Revit LT is not the best use of your time and money.

CA is not really that much more money and the differences between the two programs is huge. You have so many symbols, manuf. catalogs, colors, etc., etc., that come with the program. And you can also import sketchup symbols as well for anything else you might want. Drawing in both programs is easy. Making changes in both is easy. Finer control of the output is greater in CA. Content is greater in CA. I could go on further but I'm getting tired of typing. Another important item to note though is that neither program is backwards compatible. The difference though is that CA does talk with the homeowners editions, with caveats, so your clients "could" buy an inexpensive HD program to play with their design and then pass it off to you. With Revit you are limited to the version the drawing was created in or newer.

Hope all of this helps at least some.
    Gary
    X5, Softplan2014, Autocad, Revit LT
    www.mckeondesign.com