Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyprc View Post
    I will try to post something when I get a chance, but overall many architects want to use Revit for its similarity to AutoCad. In a perfect world, I would want Chief to look and feel like Revit, a polished app, but do the things Chief does. In a nutshell that is the basis of my point.

I'll add that I just finished watching a Vectorworks seminar this morning where an architect from Santa Barabra was showing off his drawings (he had elevation drawings). The mediator thought he had done this in Vectorworks with 3D - but to his suprise, and somewhat embarrasment, it was discovered that the Architect produced the drawings in 2D only - for speed and quality. The ONLY app I have see that can produce a client ready 3D model presentation in the same time it takes sometimes to draw a 2D presentation IS CHIEF. Truthfuly, the quirky nature of Chief made me NOT want it to be the case, I with Revit was better, but I can't argue with results.

Here is a little farmhouse we did in a couple hours yesterday. I have not seen a rendering from Revit that could even do this out of the box. I know a lot of people do better stuff, but I wanted to show some of the work done in "concept" time.
    johnny that is verry good, and when rotating and revolving, view from many angles , top\ bottom, right\left ideas will come to flow i like concep 3d. Btw i bought revit architecture,structure plus an autodesk revit mep appls. They r very good and ideal for commercial buildings.i will start full scale in few days after i get my pc changed to fit an optimum performance. But i dont think i will stop riding chief parallely, since i like it and dig it deep inside its unseen capabilities,[/QUOTE]
    Yusuf hassen/
    engineer & architect.......
    Win7 home premium,32bit,3GB ram ...
    X2/X4 premium
    Autocad 2010, Staadpro 2004.