Threaded View

Hi Gary,
    Do you mean you can't export a 3d DWF file from AutoCAD full into Revit, if so the BIM is Botched?

I know they don't play well together if you don't send the right year version of the AutoCAD dwg file.

Thank's to Chief we do have the ability to export and import different year dwg files if we keep SSA up to date.

Even if they tell you to get rid of AutoCAD they will still give you a rebate for it to get Revit Full.

Revit appears to be a very good product to me but not quite as good as ArchiCAD when it comes to radical Architectural Design.

Chief is better value than Revit hands down for run of the mill housing that does not get too fancy.

Cornering the market with an array of integrated products like Autodesk does, should make file translation between the AEC fields simpler?

Those that have the whole picture, would be proficient in using all these high performance programs.

I think it might be good to move this thread to the chat room, Asta La Vista Chieftains!
    Last edited by Justice; 02-21-2013 at 10:39 PM.
    Manuel Trantalis.

1999 V6 to X5 2012.

Dell XPS 630i Q9400@2.66GHz,
    Twin NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT,
    8GB Ram, 64bit Windows 7 Pro.