Threaded View

x6 unique identifiers for each door or window while generating schedule- some musings

2 questions and a bit more:

on x4 or x5, is there a way to coax chief into labelling a door with a unique door label eg D1, D2..D6 instead of 'grouping' same size (internal) doors together and labelling them
    the same designator (eg 6 doors all labelled 'D1' as they are all the same size for example).
    ditto for windows?

Also, once you place/generate a door or window schedule on the .plan, is there a way to add new doors/windows to that .plan file and appending them to the bottom of the existing
    schedule without altering the existing already labelled doors/windows? (eg without having to auto generate the whole window schedule again as chief algorithm will typically label an existing window with a different designator upon 2nd time round with the re-auto generate sequence.)
    I guess you could say how do you 'lock' existing designators? or assign that object as 'already designated'??

2 features for x6:

1. ideally I (not let chief) would like to specify the first designator on an object. (e.g. D1 as front door).
    then I would like to see chief go clockwise round the perimeter of house labelling doors,
    then go thru the house left to right.
    then go upstairs.

same for windows.

2. one day, when it gets really smart, if chief would auto generate a 1 page window schedule which comprises of an exterior side elevation of each wall with dimensions of the windows/doors that would be swell. seems it can do it for internal cabinetry, so the code exists. just needs extending for external walls & windows / doors!.

cheers,
    B