Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Doug,

I for one will be chomping at the bit. It really would be great to have the ability to enhance Chief.
    Are you going to be in Vegas for IBS? If so I will look forward to meeting you - maybe at the breakfast on Tuesday.
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Carrick View Post
    Doug,

I for one will be chomping at the bit. It really would be great to have the ability to enhance Chief.
    Are you going to be in Vegas for IBS? If so I will look forward to meeting you - maybe at the breakfast on Tuesday.
    Doug, please avoid Joe Carrick at all costs, the only reason I hang out with him is because he is my only friend.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Quote Originally Posted by dshall View Post
    Doug, please avoid Joe Carrick at all costs, the only reason I hang out with him is because he is my only friend.
    Careful, you won't have any friends if you keep this up
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

Doug:

The only foolproof method of a SDK is to design all OOP modules and hook to them. That’s basically a complete re-write. Something Chief said they WILL NOT do. I agree that would be impractical. You have proposed a reasoned approach which tell’s me that Chief DOES get it.

That’s what this thread is all about or, at least, how it started out. My effort was to show support to continue this direction in a sensible manner. Understand that a lot of the miscommunication could have been avoided with more frequent and clear updates from Chief. I think Chief’s newsletters should be more accommodating on program updates?

Trusting, the good Employees of Chief will work this out in due time. Hope we got our message across. If yous guys do as good a job on the SDK as the graphic engine, only good things will happen. GO CHIEF.
    Gerry

NewCraft Home Services

Design/ Compliance Review
    PE, X6 , Sketchup 8, TurboCad Pro 20
    -----------------------------------
    ASUS P9X79D, i7-3820, GTX680 w/4gb
    -----------------------------
    If the Government would just cut down more d*** trees, I'd have a much better view of the forest.

I'm not going to IBS this year.
    Doug Park
    Principal Software Architect
    Chief Architect, Inc.