Thread: X4 Camera....

X4 Camera....

Does anyone remember where to go to 'tighten' the turning radius of a 3d camera? I did it long ago but cant remember how to get it to turn on a dime. I havent had to adjust this in many versions, I guess the default is a bit different in X4. I have X5 but havent checked that camera out over there yet, Im still trying to finish up project in X4 before moving full time to X5.

Thanks in advance!
    Chad Cardin
    MEMBER SINCE V9... NOW X5

Chad isn't it in the settings for the camera - you adjust the increments (angle) by which you want the camera to rotate.
    Chief Bug Fix Department

Rod
    Chief Ver X1

(Smilies collection from the brilliant creative members of Deviantart and Freethought)

Thanks Rod, I will try it. Yeah right now its set so much so that a mere turn swings it way out into the next room so I need to get that adjusted quick! Good to see you on here again! Happy 2013!
    Chad Cardin

Just an FYI...

The Incremental Rotate Angle and Incremental Move Distance both affect how much the camera moves and rotates when you use any of the camera movement tools (or the hotkey for them). These can be found in the camera specification dialog or int he camera defaults dialog. Please note that these values do not affect any of the mouse move camera tools.
    Dermot Dempsey
    Principal Software Engineer
    Chief Architect, Inc.
    http://www.ChiefArchitect.com
    http://www.HomeDesignerSoftware.com

Thanks Dermot. Did the default for camera moves change in X4 and X5? I dont think Ive ever had to make any adjustments before but with this huge turning radius I cant look at the ceiling or floor without going through the other trying to look at it. When I turn it goes swinging into the next room. Oh well I will make the adjustments, just curious if the default range for the camera had changed.
    Chad Cardin