Zowie is offline Registered User Promoted

How to I place a window in an existing Box Window?

Hi all,
    I don't want just one window across the front of my box, so I made the window that generated with the Box Window smaller and was trying to copy it, or place another next to it, but after 10 years of using chief, I still don't know how to do this.

I did a search on the videos using the word Box, but nothing comes up.

I'm sure I'm missing something, any help would be appreciated.

Essentially i just want to add windows to a chief box window?

Thank you,
    Zoe

Zoe:

Just guessing ....

you may need to explode the box window ???

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Quote Originally Posted by Zowie View Post
    ..................., but after 10 years of using chief, I still don't know how to do this.................
    You must be kidding, you must be kidding, 10 years? I give up, I have done so many videos on box and bay windows........... you have to be kidding, but wait, I am sure somebody else can explain it to you, I have certainly tried. There you go, Lew says to explode it, that should work. Wait a second, CA has provided videos on bay and box windows, I am sure they will be helpful.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

First thing I thought of was exploding it, but in no view do I see an explode option pop up? I've tabbed, I've changed my cameras, I've opened the DBX and looked. I usually build my own box, but thought this would be faster?

I'm not seeing it. I know how to adjust windows and bay hts and all, I just can't seem to place a window in this sucker. Looking again..nope, no explode, no copy or paste command when I choose the window either.

I'm using X5... Where do you see explode for a box window? When I search Box Window in Chief, I get so many returns it's useless. I'll search on Scott's videos, thanks for the quick hint.

Thanks very much for your anticipated abuse.

Scott, I've gone through a lot of your videos and most of them don't deal with the auto box or bay, you recommend building your own, which I've generally done before I decided to give the auto build a chance. Now that I have it all built out, I wanted to change the number of windows across the front of my box. That was my question, not how do I rebuild my own box.

Can you point me to a video that talks about editing the number of windows in an auto built box? I can't seem to find it and I've already watched 5 of your videos on building bay windows. I learned a few things, but not what I needed.

Thanks for all your good information, it's generally very helpful.

Cheers!

Scott, I've gone through a lot of your videos and most of them don't deal with the auto box or bay, you recommend building your own, which I've generally done before I decided to give the auto build a chance. Now that I have it all built out, I wanted to change the number of windows across the front of my box. That was my question, not how do I rebuild my own box.

Can you point me to a video that talks about editing the number of windows in an auto built box? I can't seem to find it and I've already watched 5 of your videos on building bay windows. I learned a few things, but not what I needed.

Thanks for all your good information, it's generally very helpful.

I don't see an explode or copy past for adding a window no matter what dbx or camera view I use. I know of lot of the hidden places to look for such things, but this one definitely alludes me. X5 Box window...not seeing it. Thanks

Cheers!

Abusive video here

http://www.chieftalk.com/showthread....212#post461212

I like your sense of humor Zowie, but I don't this video will get you what you want.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Quote Originally Posted by Zowie View Post
    ..................... I wanted to change the number of windows across the front of my box. That was my question, not how do I rebuild my own box.................
    Yep, I don't think this possible......
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Yep, I don't think this possible......
    That's because a box/bay window is just a special internal symbol in chief but placed on the window layer (it would be nice if we had that ability at symbol creation). You do not have access to their internal symbols and a window can only be placed in a wall. Bay/BOX windows should be an architectural block which can be exploded. -- Requested many times before. I doubt that another request would do much.

Don't fight city hall!!
    Gerry

NewCraft Home Services

Design/ Compliance Review
    PE, X6 , Sketchup 8, TurboCad Pro 20
    -----------------------------------
    ASUS P9X79D, i7-3820, GTX680 w/4gb
    -----------------------------
    If the Government would just cut down more d*** trees, I'd have a much better view of the forest.