Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry using x5, exterior elevation camera nonfunctional

I hvae been usign chief for 5 months. I now have an exterior elevation camera for the back elevation that was working perfectly and now when I double click it, nothing at all, just a blank screen. I tried zooming extents and panning all around but nothing. I tried deleting the camera and adding another one and that failed to produce an elevation too. What gives? i did a work-around where I used a backclipped cross section and ddragged the clipping plane all the way accross the whole building and it worked but I really wonder how/why this is happening. Can anyone help? I did a search several times for elevation camera not working and disappearing elevations, etc. and did not find this exact problem. by the way, all my other exterior elevation cameras are working fine. Oh, yes. I was going to post the plan but is currently over 21MB in size. how do I post a huge file like that? Is there some kind of dropbox or something?
    Thanks.
    ---MJP
    Chief Ar. Premier X5, Using Intel Core i7-3770 CPU, 12GB RAM, 64Bit Win. 7

you need to zip the plan first

if it is still large then use Dropbox or something like it

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Try to close Chief and re-start, sometimes that solves the mysterious one's.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

Vancouver Island - British Columbia - Canada
    Yesterday I had my entire core library disappear, yet all my own CAD blocks were visable. I ended up restarting the PC three times before the problem resolved it's self. Growing pains or Gremlins...
    Rich Martin
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Residential Draftsman/Designer
    Really really fast Toshiba Computer with
    all sorts of bright lights and things that go "Bing!"

I did that once but i will give it a try again. Someone even suggested restarting 3 times to get the gremlins out.

---MIchael
    ---MJP

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
    Yesterday I had my entire core library disappear, yet all my own CAD blocks were visable. I ended up restarting the PC three times before the problem resolved it's self. Growing pains or Gremlins...
    Well, i did it three times and still nothing at all when I double click on the exterior elevation camera. Also, I downloaded dropbox, placed my chief plan file in there and now cannot find how to let folks know about where it is on Dropbox. Any help with that?
    ---MJP

you probably need to contact CA's tech support for your elevation issue

I don't use Dropbox so someone else can advise on that issue

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

To share the drop box file click the chain link looking icon to the right of date/time of the file you want to share. On the next screen next to the send button there is a button labeled "get link". Click on that and it will copy the link to your clipboard. Then paste it to your post.
    Jay Wojnas
    X4, X5, & LOL AutoCad R14/2000
    Precision Designs
    http://pdglobal.com

Quote Originally Posted by Architex View Post
    To share the drop box file click the chain link looking icon to the right of date/time of the file you want to share. On the next screen next to the send button there is a button labeled "get link". Click on that and it will copy the link to your clipboard. Then paste it to your post.
    thanks, Archi. I will try to do it and let folks know what happened.
    ---MJP

Quote Originally Posted by Architex View Post
    Here is the link?? https://www.dropbox.com/s/364c5vmy59...46_1-2-13.plan
    Oooooh. It worked. Outstanding. Thanks so much. There were no files and no icons and no link yesterday. I guess that's because I just signed up and it probably takes a few hours for everything to get sorted out. Now, people can see the Exterior Back Eelvation and nothing there.
    ---MJP

You need to put the house closer to absolute zero. And you have something out in never never land, you must find that also.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Quote Originally Posted by dshall View Post
    You need to put the house closer to absolute zero. And you have something out in never never land, you must find that also.
    I don't know how it got so far from zero. It is about 148,000 feet away. Is there any special way to try to find the never never land object? I tried selecting large areas of space around the plan and then hitting delete but nothing happened.
    ---MJP

You find the far off object by turning off half the layers, do an H view, if the view is fixed, you know the object is on one of the layers that are turned off.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Angry using x5, exterior elevation camera non-functional

I moved all objects, etc. to the 0,0,0 absolute point and tried the elevation camera: worked perfectly first time, BUT, my tower element is gone! I think maybe it was automatically generated attic walls. I tried to draw new walls and switched to attic and the reference layer did not show up at all even with the right layer sets? Strange.

Any thoughts?
    ---MJP

Quote Originally Posted by mpolka View Post
    Any thoughts?
    Yep, user error, other than that no thoughts.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX