Thread: India

India

Does anyone have any experience dealing with outsourcing Chief Drawings in India?

Thanks
    Kendall Leckie C.Tech.
    Ver. X5

Leckie Drafting Services Inc.
    245 Burnstown Rd
    White Lake, Ontario. Canada
    K0A 3L0
    www.leckiedraftingservices.com

This is like finding out that the Picante sauce was made in New York City instead of Texas.

From a PR standpoint would it not be better to find a Chief user in a cheaper area in the same country to outsource to?
    Jason McQueen
    -----------------------------------
    Max Force PC - Intel i3570K @ 3.4GHz+, 8GB RAM, Geforce GTX 660 2GB, 120GB SSD+1TB HDD, 23.5" LCD
    Win 8 Home (Classic Shell) / CA X5

Quote Originally Posted by McQueen3D View Post
    This is like finding out that the Picante sauce was made in New York City instead of Texas.

From a PR standpoint would it not be better to find a Chief user in a cheaper area in the same country to outsource to?
    And another reason to do this is the language barrier and the time difference. You will have to wait 8-12 hours for a response every time. I have outsourced a lot of stuff over the years to India. I would be hesitant to do arch work since it is a subjective thing and I have not seen very many good examples of work done on residential architecture out of India. At least not the kind we build in North America.
    Jay Wojnas
    X4, X5, & LOL AutoCad R14/2000
    Precision Designs
    http://pdglobal.com

Looks like only 3d modeling and visualisation is good for outsourcing to Asia.
    That said; time difference, language barrier and cultural differences could cause some serious problems. On the other hand, there's a more important problem: it's very hard to find a drafter who has the knowledge of Canadian building codes.
    H.Ozgur G.
    X5 Premium, Autocad, 3D Studio Max Design & V-Ray, Revit, Piranesi 2010, Lumion Pro 3.0,
    My Vimeo Page: https://vimeo.com/ozgurg/videos