Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Missing Piers

Quote Originally Posted by bbuilders View Post
    OK, I checked out the video dshall made. I think it left me with more questions than answers, but it was good to see it built. I will concede that terrains don't appear to be difficult and it did indeed fix the issue. I am still, however, baffled that the tutorial makes no mention of terrains.

Thanks for taking the time to make that. I will continue to play with this and will try to post a final product (if I get that far!)
    Thats because a terrain is not needed.

Zoom in on one of the corners on the right side of the structure, select Build> Framing> Post and click to place a post with a footing close to the intersection of the two walls

The initial post should have been place inside the building NOT outside, If placed inside, it would see a floor and produce a footing.
    Gerry

NewCraft Home Services

Design/ Compliance Review
    PE, X6 , Sketchup 8, TurboCad Pro 20
    -----------------------------------
    ASUS P9X79D, i7-3820, GTX680 w/4gb
    -----------------------------
    If the Government would just cut down more d*** trees, I'd have a much better view of the forest.

Quote Originally Posted by gteacher View Post
    The initial post should have been place inside the building NOT outside, If placed inside, it would see a floor and produce a footing.
    Gerry,

Exactly.
    And with X5 thats why you can place a post and footing on the monoslab on level 0 - because the mono slab is really a room made up of footing walls and a floor platform.

In X3, the monoslab built on level 0 was a simple slab with square footing - no rooms.
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD

Anne:

Thanks for checking this out and agreeing to change the Help article so the steps actually work according to the flow of the article. Will you notify us users when the article has been updated?
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard