Threaded View

Proposed Solution for CA

So I recently am working on a project where I had to concept 2 different styles from a rough draft floor plan. I've included both styles of elevations I did to show - using Vectorworks 2D. I've said before I dont see any way that CA could make these sorts of drawings possible or feasible with any remote quality similar to what I would get in a CAD app like Autocad or Vectorworks...unless I modeled the entire building. Then, I saw some great videos on Sketchup and Layout. If CA would just develop their Layout app to a point where the 2D drafting tools where similar to the other apps on the market, CA really would have an all-around perfect CAD app. More importantly, I would have more copies of CA in my office than what I am left with now buying other apps to fill gaps from what I can't get done in CA.

Does anyone have a drawing they did in CA that was for "concept" rough-cut process?....or does everyone just model the entire structure from the beginning? Not to sound like a broken record, but to not deal in concept drawings, I cannot see how anyone uses a process that effectively "explores" design ideas quickly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	112vaderah.jpg 
Views:	485 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	56999Click image for larger version. 

Name:	111vaderah.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	57000

Check out the Sketchup/Layout combo that I think CA could use for better 2D.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpyt0crlJW8
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	112Living_room.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	57002   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	112_FP-main.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	57003   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1112section.jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	57001  
    X5
    i7-3930k Dell XPS - 16GB Ram
    (2) 30" Dell 3008WFP Monitors
    Wacom 24HD