Copy/Paste Text in 3D Problems

I keep having this problem over and over again. I can restart the computer and it will go away for a while, but always returns eventually. In an elevation view, I attempt to copy/paste text and get the attached series of error messages. Anyone else run into this? Did a search but couldn't find anything.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Failed 2.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	56986Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Failed 4.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	56987Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Failed 5.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	56988

Bryce Engstrom: Architect, LEED AP
    www.engstromarchitecture.com
    Chief X6 Beta
    Sketchup Pro 6, Free 8, Thea Render, Lumion
    Chief to Kerkythea & Thea Render Converter

If I see that error message, my computer usually crashes shortly after.
    Design and build service
    www.idahodesignbuildgroup.com

Bryce:

You shouldn't be getting those error messages in a true 2D elevation camera view. If that is the tool you are using, I would call Tech Support.

If you took a 3D Orthographic Full Overview > View Direction > Front, Back, Left, Right, etc. then Chief doesn't allow placement of Text in/on those views because the Text tool isn't even available. Are you trying to bring text in/onto one of these views from some other open plan? "IF" that's the case, then that would explain the error messages.

I wouldn't blow too many brain cells trying to figure this one out if you are indeed working in a 2D elevation camera view ... I would recommend you call CA immediately ... maybe you've stumbled on a glitch in the program that they should know about. Please let us know what you find out.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

I get the first error message sometimes in plan view... Have not investigated why it might have occurred. Does not shut down program.
    Bill Lynch
    CA X6 Beta
    Gateway LX6200-01
    Windows 7
    AMD Phenom X4 9500 quad core
    8 GB DDR2
    PNY 9800GT 1024MB nvidia video card
    750 GB HD SATA-300

It is definitely only in a 2D elevation or section camera view, not a vector overview. And, I am only trying to copy/paste text only from and to that same view. Other times it has been trying to copy/paste from one elevation or section to another (a big time saver sometimes),but not this particular time. Pretty sure I sent this into tech support before, and they were saying it was a windows thing and/or they couldn't find anything file specific in the file I sent them. But this time around I think the 2nd warning is Chief specific and not Windows specific. I'll wait till it happens again and send it in.

Thanks for the input.

Bryce Engstrom: Architect, LEED AP
    www.engstromarchitecture.com
    Chief X6 Beta
    Sketchup Pro 6, Free 8, Thea Render, Lumion
    Chief to Kerkythea & Thea Render Converter