Threaded View

Making the switch Revit to CA (mid-project!)

Hi all,
    I purchased CA some months back and have tinkered around in my spare time with. I modelled my own house as a bit of a test but never sheeted/ annotated it much.
    I have a project on at the moment I did in Revit where the client was almost happy with the design (as sprawling as it appears, note: he has seven boys so space/ separation was critical) Anyways, it blew out his budget and he wants to start again from scratch so I'm thinking...Can a newbie like me pull this off by switching over to CA for this second design? My client doesn't care if it visually looks a bit different as long as the necessary info is shown.

This is the original design I did in Revit.

http://function9.com.au/function9/wp...D-11-12-12.pdf

Its only a prelim set. There are some other sheets documenting the existing house and some other sections and details missing but you'll to get the idea.

Question is; Am I taking on too much? I have about 4 or 5 weeks to do it. I'm concerned I won't have enough time to document in CA.
    I'm confident with CA in being able to model the walls, floors & roof's. I know how to create elevations and sections. I guess most of my issues will be around annotating and setting up titleblocks/ sheets etc.
    Dimensioning & detailing I'm hoping shouldn't be too difficult assuming I can just draft up details in CAD and import if need be?
    Toposurface or Terrain as CA calls it I'm not familiar with. In Revit you can import a CAD file (3D) and it will automatically generate the terrain. I haven't played with that yet in CA

I started setting up the design in CA and can post up the .plan file if that helps?

Thoughts and opinions would be most appreciated.
    Dave