10 lot subdivision.

I am in the preliminary stages of design with a builder on developing a 6.5 acre site into a 10-11 home site with higher end homes. They are in discussions with investors and banks at the moment and things look good. We have discussed doing 3d models of each home I design if things go forward.

What I am wondering ...Is there a way to draw the whole site( possibly even showing each lot on the whole site) when the civil engineers complete the grading and so on and then use that site model to break it down into each lot individually . This would ensure the each site model would be more accurate to start and work well on a whole project model later ?

I am guessing that since each home with any amount of detail is a large file one can not simply add other homes to a master site plan. Is there a simple way to make a 3d exterior version of each home that is treated more as a symbol or something so when each home is completed it could be added to the master site and show a finished project with 10-11homes ?

I guess one way would be to create the overal site model with the various features, trees etc and save it as a new project for each new home/lot. Then simply modify the property lines for each home.

Thanks for any help or insight!

I would recommend doing each building in a separate plan with its own plot

then create a symbol of each building and place those symbols in the master site plan

for doing the sub-division layout you may want to check out the Traverse-PC software
    unless the CE's are doing that

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Thanks Lew. I asked on a similar thread about the symbol process from a model. My intent would be to get all the site grading information from Civil engineers based on the preliminary site layout I have done with the builder /developer. I believe this information once given in autocadd most likely would be able to be imported into chief to create the master site plan and subsequent individual lots for the various home designs. The master site would be a bonus we could use as a marketing tool as projects start to take off and are under construction.