Zowie is offline Registered User Promoted

Materials list? What's the difference between "fir stud" and "fir stud stock"?

Hi,
    I highlighted the walls and used the, "component" button which brings up the component list with a row for fir stud and fir stud stock? I'm just trying to count up my studs. Are they all studs?

It also tells me the feet and not the stud count. That's great for pricing, but it doesn't actually give me a stud count. It there a formula for getting a good count? If I divide by 8' that comes close, but not exact?

Thank you,
    zoe

I highlighted the walls and used the, "component" button which brings up the component list with a row for fir stud and fir stud stock? I'm just trying to count up my studs. Are they all studs?
    My understanding is, fir studs are full length studs required for a wall. Fir stud stock are members cut from full length studs, such as trimmer studs and cripples (windows & doors). They are counted separately.

It also tells me the feet and not the stud count. That's great for pricing, but it doesn't actually give me a stud count. It there a formula for getting a good count? If I divide by 8' that comes close, but not exact?

Thank you,
    zoe
    I don't know what version of CA you're using, but if you have "Structural Member Reporting", it probably needs to be changed to something other than "Total Lineal Length", if you want to have a piece count.
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    7.00 GB RAM DDR 3........64-bit OS
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2 1024 MB Memory