Question Editing imported .dxf plan files

Hi Everyone,

I'm very new to Chief Architect x5 and am trying to modify / edit a .dxf file that was sent to me. One file is of a basement / foundation and the other of a main floor. I'm trying to move around walls and window that the sender created but they are "CAD blocks" that won't "explode".. not sure if I'm even supposed to try and explode. Any advice would be nice, thanks so much !

Geneviève

Why not draw over them (the .dxf lines, etc.) with Chief walls and windows and then move the Chief walls around as required. Once you get all done, export it as a .dwg or .dxf and send it back (if you need to send it back in that format). Chief's main selling point is that its walls etc. are objects and can be quickly moved around etc. as opposed to drawing with lines, boxes, etc. 3D models can be created very quickly and very accurately. I am assuming that is why you purchased Chief in the first place.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

I don't remember for sure but I don't think things "explode" in a dxf. They do in a dwg however but, if you are using Chief then you wouldn't want to be moving around what they send you but rather do as Curtis suggested. Otherwise just use autocad.
    Gary
    X5, Softplan2014, Autocad, Revit LT
    www.mckeondesign.com

thanks you