Wall material not seen

Hi, I try to change material on wall property but no texture is shown on 3D. I change the material on wall definition too without any results.

What can I do to fix it ?
    thank's
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Material on wall.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	125.6 KB 
ID:	56840  
    Chief Arch X5 user
    Windows 7, Asus G73J, core i7, 8GB memory, 1GB video card

Ok Jean, you get one guess without a plan.

Perhaps the wall has more than one layer, and you are actually seeing a different layer's material than what you think you are looking at.

Post a plan with the problem, and skip the guessing!
    Kind Regards,
    Dave Pitman

Current Version: X5
    System
    Win-7 64 bit
    Intel i7 930 (2.8 ghz x 4)
    Nvidia gtx 260 (1 gb ram)
    12 gb ddr3 ram

Hi Dave, I joined my plan, look on little shower wall in bathroom to chek to case.

Thank's
    Jean
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Chief Arch X5 user
    Windows 7, Asus G73J, core i7, 8GB memory, 1GB video card

This is a very interesting problem that I have not seen before. I will post the video when it is done. Bottom line Jean, Change the WALL TYPE to anythiing but HAMMERED GLASS, I used a red brick, and then put the HAMMERED GLASS WALL MATERIAL on both sides of wall, now you can paint your rooms until your heart is content. There is something unusual about using the HAMMERERED GLASS as the WALL TYPE.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

You can also re-enter the information under the Materials tab (Wall Specification dbx), for both the Ext/Int wall side. Choose from the Library. If you choose from Plan Materials, it will say default and you will need to choose Hammered Glass.
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    7.00 GB RAM DDR 3........64-bit OS
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2 1024 MB Memory

Here is the vid

PART 1
    http://chieftutor.com/dscotthall/JEA...WER%20WALL.wmv
    the convoluted fix

PART 2
    http://chieftutor.com/dscotthall/JEA...20PART%202.wmv
    the easy fix thanks to Cliff
    Last edited by dshall; 12-13-2012 at 08:20 AM.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Quote Originally Posted by ambrozac View Post
    You can also re-enter the information under the Materials tab (Wall Specification dbx), for both the Ext/Int wall side. Choose from the Library. If you choose from Plan Materials, it will say default and you will need to choose Hammered Glass.
    If I understand what you are saying, the problem with this if she repaints the room a different color she will need to go thru your process again. If you do it the way I suggest, this will not be neccessary. She can repaint the room over and over and it will not effect the glass shower walls.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Quote Originally Posted by dshall View Post
    If I understand what you are saying, the problem with this if she repaints the room a different color she will need to go thru your process again. If you do it the way I suggest, this will not be neccessary. She can repaint the room over and over and it will not effect the glass shower walls.
    I may have misunderstood the problem. I was only concerned with getting the correct texture, on the glass shower wall selected in the jpg.
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    7.00 GB RAM DDR 3........64-bit OS
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2 1024 MB Memory

Quote Originally Posted by ambrozac View Post
    I think you are correct, the WALL MATERIAL TAB needs to be RE-ENTERED. I was probably confusing the situation. I know you are correct, RE-ENTER the info.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX